CFS is a disease of the 20‑21st centuries.
Definition: CFS is the considered "diagnosis" if you have been
tired for more than 6 months, and there is no other obvious medical
That's a bit like saying the sky has been blue for six months,
so there has to a drought happening.
CFS has many causes. The trick is to pick the right one. Since
there is often many causes in the same patient, the more important
trick is to pick the correct reasons and then to treat them in the
Sub-types of CFS
Type One has the worst anxiety and depression,
poor sleep patterns and high pain levels;
Type Two is typified by exhaustion, and
joint and muscle pain following exercise;
Type Three is the mildest form of the disease.
Type Four have moderate levels of body pain and
Type Five sufferers have stomach complaints and
severe muscle weakness.
Type Six mainly experience fatigue, while type
seven sufferers had the most severe symptoms, including pain,
swollen glands and headaches
1. Burn‑out. Not enough sleep overall. Not enough sleep before
2. Chronic anxiety. Anxiety is the same as living in the
Coliseum at lunch time.
3. Hormonal. Disorders of the thyroid, adrenal glands, sex
4. Poor nutrition due to incorrect diet, food allergies,
mal-absorption, Coeliac, inadequate vitamin intake. Too many
calories. Too few calories.
5. Infection. Eg. Mycoplasma, CMV, Enterovirus, Polio,
Coxsacchie, Borellia, Lyme's disease, Ross River Virus, Dengue
fever, to name a few.
6. Organs that malfunction, eg Chronic tonsillitis, chronic
appendicitis, scars, Myofascial trigger mechanisms,irritable bowel
syndrome, inflammatory bowel disorder, old fratcture, eo name a
6. Feng Shui. Where you live may be detrimental to your
7. Esmog. The electromagnetic emissions from the electrical
"toys" that we have infested our lives with. The most dangerous are
high tension power lines, electrical wires surrounding where you
sleep, computers, mobile phones, i‑phones, walkmans, etc.
8. Pesticides, heavy metal poisoning especially the mercury from
your dental fillings, Root canal fillings,.
9. Medical drugs including sleeping pills, anti‑anxiety and
anti‑depressants, sleeping pills.
10. Stimulants like coffee, coke and cola drinks, the "'super
caffeinated "' drinks ie "energy drinks". Alcohol. "party
11. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
12. An interesting cause is “Functional
Hyper-volaemia”. This form is due to a patient’s arteries
being in a chronic and constant state of contraction. This
effectively means that you have “too much” fluids inside of your
blood vessels. These patients do feel ever so much better
when they have a blood nose, do a blood test or donate
Whatever is needed: But this can only be determined after
we know what is wrong with you.
Good diagnostic skills to find clues as to the cause of the
Good and accurate treatments.
At Healthwise, our practitioners work really hard at all of
these to find the right sequence for you.
For help with all your medical
and health issues, please ring our receptionists on 03 9813 5044
and make an appointment to see one of our
Your path to